Life is what you make of it
- Have you ever wondered why good things happen to others?
- Have you ever been down and wanted to move on?
- Do you wonder how to move forward?
I know at different times I have answer ‘Yes” to each of the above questions. When I review the situation I can also see that no matter how good things have been or how bad things have been, my attitude has decided my long term situation. For example many years ago I was in a position where I was at odds with the CEO about some decisions for the organisation that I was working for. I let these decisions get to me and in the end it was a situation where I had to move roles and my career stalled at that point.
Then there was a time a few years later when I was going through a much worse situation. There were investigations and some very serious allegations made about me. Through this time I maintained my professional dealings with everyone and also I choose to use the situation as a learning experience. Yes, it was a hard time and it had a draining effect on me, however in the end I was in a better place and had the respect of the people around me.
Another example is in my current Army role. I have been fortunate to have many great experiences in this role. These have been a combination of getting involved with opportunities and having a great team. I can not claim all the credit as I have had good people to work with. What I can say is that I have always been ready to take on opportunities in this role and it has paid off…. After all Luck is when opportunity and preparedness meets.
So if you are stuck in a rut or you are having a crappy time at the moment, I encourage you to:
- Change your attitude and see what happens. It will not change things overnight, but it will change things.
- Get involved. Seize the opportunity that is around you. Over time this will create many great experiences.
- Give everyone respect. Even if you do not think they deserve it, respect everyone.
Posted on Friday, 13 Jun 2014, in Uncategorized and tagged Bad Times, Business, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Life, Management, Opportunity, Passion, Prepared, Rut. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.