Have you had a Check Up?
Yesterday I had my annual medical check up at the Doctors. I think that doctor was a little surprised that I was there for a check up and not because I am sick. He told me that it is good to see someone come in for a check up… I thought to myself how sad it is that many of us do not have a regular checkup to make sure we are healthy and on track. I know until a few years ago I was the same. I would only go to the doctor when I was sick and that was not often.
I got thinking to myself:
- Do you service your car, or wait until it has a problem before going to the Mechanic?
- Do you vaccinate your pets or wait until they are sick before going to the vet?
- Do you at work check with your boss your tasks and projects or just wait for your boss to come to you when something goes wrong?
Some of you may wait until there is a problems, others may be more proactive. There is a saying that says “a stitch in time saves nine.” By having a check up we can avoid a problem in the future or we can troubleshoot an issue early. Yesterday as I reflect on the lack of people doing a check up, I thought to myself “but I am good…. I am having a check up”. However this morning I am thinking to myself, what areas of my life have I not had a check up in a while? What do I need to do maintain accountability in other parts of my life?
- Have you had a check up recently?
- What areas of your life do you need a check up and build in more accountability?
- What check up do you need to book for yourself in the next week?
Posted on Wednesday, 15 Jan 2014, in Uncategorized and tagged Accountability, Business, Health, Inspiration, Leadership, Life, Management, Motivation, Passion, Reflection. Bookmark the permalink. 14 Comments.