How we Grow Up
Last night was my daughter’s Year 6 Graduation Mass and Dinner. It is hard to believe that two of our four children will be in High School next year. It was a great night to reflect back on the last seven years of her schooling. She had done up a scrapbook with photos of her schooling career. There was pictures from all the years…. It has been an eventful seven years. Mostly at the one school here in Canberra, Australia. However she did get the opportunity to study for a year in Bogota, Colombia.
I must admit the photos and the memories did bring a tear to my eyes…. What am I saying I am tearing up writing this blog post too. Time does fly, we only have the children with us for a short period of time and I have been reflecting on this time.
- Am I doing the best I can for the children in this time?
- Am I doing the best I can to be an example for the children in this time?
- What will the next few years bring?
As I reflect on another year coming to an end. I also reflect on what next year will bring… Two children in high school and two children in the last two years of primary school…
- How will the children grow up?
- What will the children do with their lives?
- What am I going to do with the rest of my life?
It is not just the children growing up, it is also me…. Each year I learn more and develop more. Each year I also am growing up….