What is your Shopping Habits?
In a follow up to my “Shopping – The Difference between Males and Females” blog, I would like to publish some of the feedback I received. There was certainty a very active discussion on the topic and I appreciate the comments. Many comments discussed the factors other than gender that determines our shopping habits. With Christmas around the corner, I thought that a follow up blog with a summary of some of the comments would be interesting.
The discussions included:
- How one’s personal values dictate theirs’ shopping habits.
- One’s background and profession plays a role. For example it was suggested that a Finance background may lead to a more conservative approach to shopping.
- How some people did not look at a sale as a saving, however looked at the value of the items. The term Value Based Shopping was used.
- Some people thought that Sales are just a gimmick.
- We had a great comment about savings during a sale are only a savings as long as you intended to purchase the item anyway….. ie the item was on your shopping list.
- I loved the comments about comparing shopping to hunting. For some people shopping is a hobby and a sport.
- There is also the comment about how there is a time value to shopping and sales. Our personal time needs to be considering when determining the value of any sale.
So with Christmas approaching what type of shopping habits do you display?
Posted on Thursday, 29 Nov 2012, in Adventure, Family, Personal and tagged Business, Christmas, Marketing, Purchasing, Sale, Sales, Shop, Shopping, Spending, Values. Bookmark the permalink. 15 Comments.