Looking Back and Reflecting…
How many of you are running so hard that you do not release how far you have run? What have you achieved over the last twelve months? Have you taken the time to reflect back and review your achievements? Have you shared and celebrated your achievements with your team?
In Australia our financial year is 01 July to 30 June each year. This has been a perfect time to reflect back on the achievements at work and share them with my team. I must stress that the achievements are not what I have achieve, rather a list of achievements that we as a team have achieved. The list included:
- Repairing and developing relationships with internal stakeholders
- Reduced our Debtors by 80%
- Implementation of a paperless billing system
- Children’s Art Exhibition
- Implementation of the National Quality Framework for Children Services across all our services
- Provide a framework for staff at all levels to network with each other within the organisation
- Commenced a program of Parental Forums
- Developed relationships with an extensive list of external stakeholders
- Establishment of a new integrated School Holiday Program
- Move a program into a new stand-alone site
- Transition a program to another organisation
Each of these are significant achievements in their own right, however as a group it is a great list of achievements. It was good to celebrate with the team and reflect on the list. These were also achieved in an environment where the staff felt support and the workloads remained reasonable. I myself was surprised by the length of the list. I too had been working head down moving forward and not realised all that we have achieved, until I reflected back.
I look forward to the achievements of the next twelve months as I know that we will achieve much. We have many plans and one by one working our way through them all in order to provide a consistently improving quality program.
So, what are you grateful for? Reflecting back over the last twelve months what have you and your team achieved? Have you shared the achievements with them? Have you celebrated?
Posted on Sunday, 22 Jul 2012, in Uncategorized and tagged Achievement, Achievements, Art exhibition, Australia, BCS, Belconnen, Belconnen Community Services, Business, Celebration, Children Programs, Children Services, Continuous Quality Improvement, CQI, Fiscal year, Leadership, Management, Quality, Reflecting, Reflection, Relationship Management, Relax, Review, Reviewing, Team, Teamwork, TQM. Bookmark the permalink. 19 Comments.